Friday 25 January 2008

The Gruffalo

Being on my first placement as a trainee teacher has meant that occassionally my lessons are timed incorrectly, either leaving me with lots or no time to spare. On those days with lots of time to spare I have found that the IWB can again come in very useful in having a bit of fun at the end of the lesson whilst waiting for assembly, playtime or whatever was planned next.
One website which I think I loved as much as the children was http://www.gruffalo.com/chorus/index.html. This brought a bit of music into the lesson and was great for keeping the children quiet and happy whilst waiting for playtime. The website has all the characters from The Gruffalo book singing the Gruffalo song. They can be turned on and off by clicking on them so it meant that the children could choose which character would sing/be turned off. It tied in brilliantly with the lesson, meaning we could talk about all the characters while we listened to the song. I have recommended this website to other teachers and trainees I know and shall post it on the Wiki so hopefully others will be able to have as much fun as we did with it!

No comments: