Saturday 19 January 2008

My first week of SBT1

Since starting at the school I have heavily relied on the internet for resources and ideas for lessons I have done. The main website I have used is the primary resources one and I have also used the links on the Jotspot learning resources Wiki, which I have found very useful.
One problem I have found with the classroom I am working in is that the interactive whiteboard is placed on the wall too high and set back behind desks. Unfortunately, that means it cannot be very interactive. However, it is still a very useful visual resource that I can show the children different websites and documents on. Therefore, I have still tried to incorporate it within some of my lessons but I have have kept the control of the computer to myself due to behaviour management and safety reasons. Next week I will try to make sure there is a clear area around the computer so that the children can be in control of the mouse when playing interactive games, making it more interseting and fun for them!

No comments: